Recruitment: Business and Operations Director
November Club is looking to appoint a Business and Operations Director.
Full time, senior role. Permanent contract.
What are we looking for?
We need an experienced and enthusiastic individual to take lead responsibility for the day-to-day management and financial sustainability of November Club.
You’ll have experience of working in a senior business and operational role, taking overall responsibility for the company’s finances, governance, business development and company operations, including HR, Company Secretary and compliance, and will act as deputy to the Artistic Director.
Like us, you’ll be passionate about the arts and the positive impact they can make to our lives, especially in a predominately rural area such as Northumberland. You’ll be excited by the challenge to grow the organisation, identifying new sources of income generation and making our ambitious project ideas viable and sustainable.
This is a new senior role within the organisation. The Board is working on plans for beyond the current NPO period which we anticipate will also see us putting succession arrangements in place for the current Artistic Director.
Read an Executive Summary of November Club's 2018/29 Business Plan.
What we will offer you
Salary: £31,000 per annum plus a basic workplace pension scheme.
Hours: Full time. Occassional evening and weekend work will be required with time off in lieu.
Contract: Permanent (subject to a probationary period of six months). Post March 2022 the post will be subject to achieving revenue funding targets from Arts Council England.
Holidays: 28 days per annum including bank holidays.
Notice period: Three months
How to apply
To apply please submit:
• a letter of application saying why you want to work with us and what you’d bring to the role, with examples of how your skills and experience meet the job requirements.
• a CV, including the names of two people we may approach for professional references
• Please also complete and return the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This will not be used in assessing your application but helps us to monitor our commitment to equality of opportunity and access.
Applications should arrive no later than 5pm on Monday 12 November.
• Shortlisted applications will be contacted by 5pm on Friday 16 November.
• Informal visit to November Club office for shortlisted applicants Thursday 22 November.
• Interviews for shortlisted applications Friday 23 November at the Community Foundation offices in Gosforth.